- MRMIP Application and Handbook
- 2015 MRMIP Premium Rates Effective January 1, 2015NEW
- Temporary Federal High Risk Pool Solicitation
- Guarantee Issue Pilot Program (GIP) Status Report
- Review of The MRMIP Benefit Design
- MRMIP Notice of Privacy Practices
- MRMIP Regulations
- Post MRMIP Coverage Changes
- MRMIP Auto Deduction Form
- MRMIP FAQ's
- Enrollment News 07/14/08
- MRMIP Presentation 06/26/08 (pdf)
- Health Care Financial Resources (pdf)
Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP)
- California resident.
- Cannot be eligible for both Part A and Part B of Medicare, unless eligible solely because of end-stage renal disease.
- Cannot be eligible to purchase any health insurance for continuation of benefits under Cobra or CalCobra
- Unable to secure adequate coverage
The Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP) provides health insurance for Californians unable to obtain coverage in the individual health insurance market because of their pre-existing conditions. Californians qualifying for the program participate in the cost of their coverage by paying premiums. The State of California supplements those premiums to cover the cost of care in MRMIP. Tobacco tax funds currently subsidize the MRMIP.
Because of funding limitations, MRMIP does sometimes have a waiting list. For more information on whether there is a waiting list or to request a copy of the MRMIP Application and Handbook, please call toll-free 1-800-289-6574.
You can download an application and handbook at MRMIP Application and Handbook.