- PCIP/MRMIP Application and Handbook
- New 2013 MRMIP Premium Rates Effective January 1, 2013NEW
- Temporary Federal High Risk Pool Solicitation
- Guarantee Issue Pilot Program (GIP) Status Report
- Review of The MRMIP Benefit Design
- MRMIP Notice of Privacy Practices
- MRMIP Regulations
- Post MRMIP Coverage Changes
- MRMIP Auto Deduction Form
- MRMIP FAQ's
- Enrollment News 07/14/08
- MRMIP Presentation 06/26/08 (pdf)
- Health Care Financial Resources (pdf)
The Major Risk Medical Insurance Program (MRMIP) was created to help individuals who have been denied private comprehensive health insurance coverage in the individual (non-group) market.
In order to understand the impact the program has made on individuals lives, the Managed Risk Medical Insurance Board (MRMIB, the state agency that administers MRMIP), conducted telephone interviews to find out how people ended up on MRMIP. Through the interviews, MRMIB had the opportunity to see the diverse population of subscribers MRMIP serves.
In order to protect the identity and privacy of the MRMIP subscribers, we have created silhouettes of subscribers using fictitious names and have only provided their age ranges in MRMIP and areas they reside. The information in these descriptions is what subscribers told MRMIB staff during the survey.
Now, let us introduce you to the MRMIP subscribers.